SPARK, a nationwide leader in physical education/activity programs, is located in San Diego, CA. Join a team of dedicated researchers, educators, and disseminators who strive to create, implement, and evaluate evidence-based programs to support public health and combat in the fight against childhood obesity.
Current open positions:
1. Customer Care Advocate
This position reports to a Customer Care Supervisor or Manager and is responsible for building positive customer relations through receiving, investigating, processing and responding to customer inquiries.
Summary of essential job functions
- First line of contact for customer inquires via phone, fax, internet, and/or mail regarding orders, returns, shipments and education products and services.
- Partners with associates and/or School Specialty franchises to assure customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- Identifies and resolves underlying root causes through research and analysis.
- Develops customer, vendor, and product knowledge expertise.
- Monitors customer orders, initiates tracers with carriers, and authorizes returns and/or credits including necessary transportation.
- Manages entire depth and breadth of project from inception to closure.
- Responds to customers inquires and follows through to completion accurately and within customer timeframes.
- Receives and processes orders.
- Diffuses difficult customer situations in a professional manner.
- Partners with sales team and solicits sale of new or additional educational products or services where applicable.
- Schedules deliveries and related project deliverables.
- Places outgoing calls to customers with past due accounts.
- Provides customer follow-up and problem resolution.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Minimum three years’ customer service related work experience.
- Minimum two years project coordination/management of multiple projects/tasks
- Minimum one-year data entry and keyboarding experience.
- Ability to perform business math calculations including profit margins.
- Coordination skills in long-range planning and implementation of multiple component projects and corresponding objectives.
- Ability to manage customers with analysis of opportunities and customer needs; and to develop timeline within project parameters.
- Knowledgeable in dealing with and communicating accounting issues (i.e. identify credit applications to invoices, payment refund status, details on any remaining balances on the account, etc.).
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products—Excel experience a MUST.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with customers of all levels and needs.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve discrepancies and meet deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Self-motivator and ability to work as a team player.
Click Here to learn more and apply. Search job number 985841.