SPARK, a nationwide leader in physical education/activity programs, is located in San Diego, CA. Join a team of dedicated researchers, educators, and disseminators who strive to create, implement, and evaluate evidence-based programs to support public health and combat in the fight against childhood obesity.
Project Coordinator (Advocate-Customer Care)
SPARK, a nationwide leader in physical education/activity programs, has a Project Coordinator/Advocate-Customer Care position open in its national office located in San Diego (Mission Valley). Join a team of dedicated researchers, educators, and disseminators who strive to create, implement, and evaluate evidence-based programs to support public health and combat childhood obesity.
This is an hourly, non-exempt, full time position. Wage range is $14-$19 per hour DOE.
- An enjoyable working environment (SPARK has daily recess!) with people who are passionate about fitness and wellness
- The opportunity to promote research-based programs that have been proven effective in improving the health of children
- The opportunity for future advancement. SPARK has a proven track record of rewarding quality work and promoting from within
- Education reimbursement, 24 hours paid time to volunteer to help children at a school/agency, as well as a full benefit package (health, dental, vision options + 401K), and paid-time-off
This position reports to a the Director of Professional Development/Operations and oversees project/contract coordination from initial set-up through implementation and follow-up. This position is also responsible for building positive customer relations through receiving, investigating, processing and responding to customer inquiries and works closely with other PC’s, Sales Team members, and Trainers.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Oversee projects/contracts through SPARK Contract Coordination Process
- Oversee program components such as equipment lists, handout packets, agendas, PowerPoint’s, etc.
- Coordinate with SPARK clients regarding MOU, workshop logistics, order information, etc.
- Coordinate with SPARK Fiscal Manager to oversee and manage contracts
- First line of contact for customer inquires via phone, fax, internet, and/or mail regarding orders, returns, shipments and education products and services.
- Partners with associates and/or School Specialty franchises to assure customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- Identifies and resolves underlying root causes through research and analysis.
- Develops customer, vendor, and product knowledge expertise.
- Monitors customer orders, initiates tracers with carriers, and authorizes returns and/or credits including necessary transportation.
- Responds to customers inquires and follows through to completion accurately and within customer timeframes.
- Enter individual client and/or contract equipment, curriculum, and staff development orders into Oracle; receives and processes phone and electronic orders.
- Enter and maintain information in SPARK database
- Diffuses difficult customer situations in a professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Ability to perform business math calculations including profit margins.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products—Excel experience a MUST.
- Experience working with databases and/or FileMaker Pro required; Oracle and/or SFD desired
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; be familiar and comfortable with accounting issues (i.e. figure out what credit has been applied to an invoice, if a check has been refunded, why there is still a balance on the account, etc)
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve discrepancies and meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Self-motivator and ability to work as a team player
- Personal commitment to health and fitness
- Minimum three years customer service related work experience.
- Minimum two years project coordination/management of multiple projects/tasks
- Minimum one year data entry and keyboarding experience.
Apply by clicking here